Serve strong, Dig fierce, Spike Hard. Volleyball is not just a game, it is a passion that teaches us how to develop teamwork and communication in society. Playing game is a healthy activity and if it's volleyball then, it's the best sport.
It is a game in which a large ball is hit by hand over a high net, the aim being to score points by making the ball reach the ground on the opponent's side of the court.
It is played between two teams
The word ‘volley’ means to flow something in the air.
Inventor: William George Morgan
This game started in an American school named Springfield in 1896.
In 1929, the united nation made an institute
In 1930, two-person pitch ball volleyball had started.
In 1947, the international volleyball federation was named FIVB(FEDERATION OF INTERNATIONAL VOLLEYBALL.
In 1963, Tokyo introduced the 1st Olympics of volleyball and was won by Japan.
MEASUREMENT OF NET:
The measurement of net start for females was 1.98m and for males was 2.55m.
Dimension of courts:
- The width of the court of volleyball is 9cm.
- The length of the volleyball court is 18cm.
Lines of Volleyball:
- The backline of volleyball is 5 cm.
- The color of the line is different from the floor and other lines.
- The central line of the court which divides courts into 2 is called the Central line.
- Length lime is called sideline and backline is called end line.
- It is 3cm around Court which is away from the Central line and Central area.
- Sideline is 6cm at the international level and 9cm at the local level.
- The backside of the court on both sides is called the service zone.
- The surrounding area of the sideline is a free zone.
The purpose of the free zone is in the warm-up area, penalty area, and scoring area.
- It is 6cm on an international level.
- The free zone is 3 by 3 meters in different areas.
- One by one in the warm-up area.
- One by one in the penalty area.
- One by one in the scoring area.
- After the Free zone area, there is an area of warm-up, then the penalty area then the scores table.
The area where both teams' scores are written is called the scoring area.
- It is in the front of the Central line in volleyball.
- The team which scored 25 points first will win the match.
- It is a pointing game after scoring points, there is a team bench.
- According to FIVB, the penalty area is on every team bench.
On the international level, the nut is 9.5m long and 1m wide.
Its color is black.
The surrounding area of the net is called smash and its measurement is 10cmsq.
There is a white band on the net which is called a sideband and its measurement is 5 cm.
The height of the pole is 2.55m. ( on which net is attached)
Net is made up of soft material which has some elasticity in it.
The height of the net is 2.43m for males from the surface and females, it is 2.24m.
The net Pole has attached away from the distance of 50 cm from both sidelines of the volleyball net.
Net Pole is also called net post.
The antenna is attached above 80 cm from the net. It is upon the net which is 10cm high.
Purpose of antenna:
If a ball comes from any site then the antenna is for this purpose to see from which site the ball crosses. The color of the antenna is white and red and its length on an international level is 1.8m.
As it is the game played between two teams.
The team delegation on the international level of volleyball consists of 12 players.
- 6 playing players and 6 additional players. One coach, voice coach trainer, and the doctor is included in the delegation.
- It depends on the organization how long the team delegation is.
- On the international level, there should be a sense of discipline and responsibility in teams.
- A doctor is necessary for injuries or other purposes.
- The captain of the team is a very important character in the delegation which is nominated by the coach and some other seniors. On the score sheet, his name will be on top.
- The dress of the whole team has the same simple style. Fuses are made up of letters without heels. Baby is important. The number of players should be written on the uniform.
- The uniform of the captain will be different from the other team. The monogram of their names will be on the front side. The length of that monogram is 8 cm and the width will be 2 cm.
- If any player has some financial issues, the organization is completely responsible for his dressing and training kit.
Responsibilities of captain:
- His first responsibility is to sign on the score sheet before the match starts.
- The responsibility of toss is on the captain.
- He should take the official authority during the match.
- During the stop match, the captain can discuss with the referee what is the problem?
- If the captain is not satisfied with the referee's point of view, we can write a question on the score sheet and ask a question to the referee in the match.
- Captain can tell the referee to change and see the position.
- He can take 4 timeouts during the match.
- He can change the player during the timeout with the permission of the head coach and it should inform the referee during the match and write the name of the player and which is very important as well.
Responsibilities of coach:
- After the sign of the captain, it is the coach's responsibility to sign on the score sheet.
- He can command and get permission to change the position of the player from the head coach.
- He can give instructions to the players.
- He has to complete the lineup sheet on which the name of the players is written in sequence.
- The coach should sit near the score table with the seniors.
- The coach can give instructions during the period.
Responsibilities of assistant coach/head coach:
- He can sit with players but doesn't have the right to be involved in a match.
- If the coach dismisses suddenly then the assistant coach can take the responsibility of the coach.
Responsibilities of the first Referee:
- He is the head of the match from and to start. No one can interfere in it.
- The decision of the referee is final and no one can change it.
- He can dismiss any wrong decision of higher administration and authorities.
- He can change the higher officials as well in case the higher officials are not doing their duty well.
- If there is no certain rule and any situational thing can occur at that time he can take decisions and make rules according to the situation.
- He can check the equipment of every team member.
- He has the right to check the protocol of cleanliness of the floor.
- He is responsible for checking the position of the ball catcher.
- He can give a warning to the first referee as well.
- He can give punishment to those players who take any kind of energy drinks during their warm-up.
- He can identify the fouls.
- He is responsible for the toss.
- It is the high responsibility of a referee to check the score sheet at the end and sign it for the final result.
- There are certain sounds for starting the match.
There are certain punishments that a referee can give to the players during the match.
He can simply humbly give instructions.
- Yellow card (This card is for to out a player for 5 minutes or more, it depend on the referee)
- Red card ( This card is used to out a player for a longer period)
- Yellow and red cards both.
If the referee shows both cards at the same time to a player against any kind of violation, the player has no right to enter a particular match again.
UNTIL YOU DON'T PLAY, YOU WOULDN'T LEARN.
I hope this article is informative.
keep shining and stay healthy.